Post by sparks on Apr 5, 2021 12:38:33 GMT -5
It would appear that maybe our Briar Patch family is suffering from a bit of cabin fever. I have noticed a slight uptick in the quickness in which people will react to other members, in addition to having a member leave recently because they felt slighted. It seems that I have to do one of these posts at least once a year to remind everyone of a few important points. In no particular order, a few items that I think everyone should be cognizant of
- Unless I missed a memo, everyone here is an adult, and should be perfectly capable of acting like one without constant reminders. Neither myself, or our moderators are here to be babysitters. I know some think that the staff here isn't quick enough to respond to things, but I remind all of you that it's a thankless, no win job, that requires a lot of time and attention. "Between a rock and a hard place" is a good motto for a moderator, so please be aware of that when being critical of the staff.
- If you don't like something someone says, DON'T RESPOND, which is the text equivalent to walking away. There is no requirement to have the last word, and I would encourage people to avoid doing so. It generally doesn't end up being the last word, and the words that follow are usually said in frustration or anger and lead to regret in the end.
- Context is often lost in a text only community. So stop, take a deep breath, and realize that not every comment/response is some personal slight, and maybe someone is joking or poking fun. We are all different, and each of us has a unique sense of humor. If you think something wasn't funny or it rubbed you the wrong way, I refer you to my statement above. Let's avoid verbally attacking each other, or implying any physical harm.
- I absolutely WILL NOT TOLERATE outside drama. I will not deal with people stirring the pot who are not even actively participating, nor will I tolerate members here feeding into that. This is not a high school lunch room.
- There have been situations in the past where members tried to dictate to me who should and shouldn't be a part of this forum, and did so with the threat that they would leave and take others with them. To those people I say "There is the door, don't let it hit you in the arse on the way out". At the end of the day, myself and the moderators will decide who is good or bad for this forum. We won't always be right, but we do our best. I will not be pressured by anyone else because they don't "like" someone. I would rather have a very very small forum of good people, than a massive forum with a bunch of asshats.
Just be good to each other. Treat each other with respect and remember that we are all different, have different views, different life situations, and different struggles in this world. At the end of the day, we all bleed the same color, feel the same pain, and cry the same tears. Let's all try a bit harder to remember that.
Justin & Staff
Justin & Staff